SEAS is built on a three-point, graduated fee structure so that internationally educated occupational therapists (IEOTs) pay only as they progress successfully through the assessment process. The three points of payment are:
- Upon initial application and submission of the WES ICAP Document-by-Document Credential Evaluation Report. Learn more HERE.
- Prior to the Profession Specific Credential Assessment (PSCA) curriculum review and Jurisprudence Knowledge Assessment Test (JKAT)
- When registering for the Competency Assessment (CA)
As per the Canada Revenue Agency, all SEAS fees are subject to provincial Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) or Goods and Services Tax (GST). The tax amount will be calculated at the time you pay each SEAS fee, and the rate applied is according to the province in which you reside. The tax rate charged to your SEAS fee may change if your address changes over the course of the SEAS process. IEOTs living outside of Canada at the time of payment are not subject to HST/GST on their SEAS fees.
Total SEAS fee is $4,000.00, plus applicable taxes. All fees are in Canadian dollars.
SEAS Fees Payable to ACOTRO
With submission of the initial application
After receipt of the results of the Academic Credential Assessment, and prior to the Jurisprudence Test (JKAT) and Profession Specific Credential Assessment (PSCA)
After completion of the JKAT, PSCA, and Language Readiness Assessment, and prior to the Competency Assessment (CA)
SEAS Fees Payable by IEOT to Other Agencies (fees in Canadian dollars)
World Education Services (WES)
When applying to WES through ICAP for a credential evaluation satisfactory to ACOTRO
Refer to WES website here.
ProctorU for remote proctoring of the JKAT
Payment at the time of scheduling your test session
$25.00 for 120-minute exam.
Additional fee of $5.00 if exam is scheduled less than 72 hours in advance of exam date; or
Additional fee of $8.00 if exam is scheduled less than 2 hours in advance of exam date.
Possible Additional Fees
- Second PSCA review fee, ($200.00), payable to ACOTRO
- Request for Competency Assessment Re-Take fee, ($250.00), payable to ACOTRO
- Request for Extension fee, ($200.00), payable to ACOTRO
- Request for Reconsideration fee, ($350.00), payable to ACOTRO
- Duplicate Determination Report or document ($25.00), payable to ACOTRO
- Administration fee for file copying (e.g. curriculum documents), ($40.00 + $0.05/page), payable to ACOTRO
- Language testing, payable to external agency
- Translation of university curriculum documents if they are not in English or French, payable to external agency
- Payment to academic institute for curriculum and other educational documents
Note: Any fees payable to ACOTRO will be invoiced to you at the time payment is required. All other fees are payable directly to the external agency. For information regarding refunds, please refer to the ACOTRO/SEAS Policies page.