Getting Started

You can start the Substantial Equivalency Assessment System (SEAS) before you arrive in Canada. Most parts of the assessment are done electronically. Please Note:  Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the in-person competency assessment has been replaced with an on-line competency assessment.  Internationally educated occupational therapists registered in the SEAS program do not have to be in Canada to complete the on-line competency assessment.

Applicants have 12 months to complete SEAS, but you can move through it much more quickly - in a matter of a few months - if you have all your documents ready in advance.  It is important to be well organized and ready to move from one step of the assessment process to the next so that you are able to complete all parts of the assessment in the allowed time. It is possible to apply for an extension if there is a very good reason why you cannot complete the assessment process in 12  months. There is an additional cost for having an extension.  

We recommend that you review all of the steps and think about how you will be able to provide the required materials and meet the requirements before beginning the process. 

You can request a registration form by sending an email to

Notice of New System for Internationally Educated Occupational Therapists to Access SEAS Program

Current SEAS Applicants

ACOTRO is launching a new administration system for the SEAS program and no longer using the SEAS portal.  The new system improves the SEAS program communication with you and SEAS staff. It will also improve efficiency of SEAS communications with provincial regulatory colleges.  The first phase of the transition to this new administration system begins on June 1, 2018.

The new system includes a payment processing platform for paying your SEAS fees. It is also where you will access SEAS forms, upload documents to complete your SEAS assessment activities and track your results as you proceed through the SEAS program. 

To help with a smooth transition, the new system will be implemented in two phases:

Payment Processing:

Phase 1 transition:  As of June 1, 2018, you will no longer use the SEAS portal to pay your SEAS fees.  

Phase 2 transition:  We will then be transitioning to a payment processing system which will simplify the way you pay your SEAS fees via credit card.

Applicant Documents and Assessment Results:

As of June 1, 2018 you will not be using the SEAS portal to obtain your assessment results and complete your SEAS activities.  SEAS staff will provide the appropriate forms, documents and assessment results to you via secure-email. To submit documents to SEAS staff, you will be provided with a link where you will be able to upload your files securely. Please do NOT email your documents to SEAS staff. At a later date, forms and documents that you are required to complete will be accessible on our website.  We suggest that you save any assessment results which are currently on the SEAS portal prior to June 1, 2018. All SEAS Profiles will be deactivated after this date.

New SEAS Applicants

If you are not yet registered in the SEAS program, please request a registration form by sending an email to We will send you a registration form, an invoice for the first fee payment and additional documents required for the SEAS program.


***Please note, applicants who are ready to schedule their JKAT should contact SEAS Staff directly at***

If you have any questions, please contact us via email or phone:


Phone:  416-681-1000 / 1-844-700-5800

Avis d’instauration d’un nouveau système permettant aux ergothérapeutes formés à l’étranger d'accéder au programme du SEES Candidats actuels au SEES

ACORE procède actuellement au lancement d’un nouveau système d’administration pour le programme du SEES. Par conséquent, il n’utilise plus le portail du SEES.  Le nouveau système permet d’améliorer les communications entre vous et le personnel du SEES dans le cadre du programme du SEES. Il permet aussi d’améliorer les communications entre le personnel du SEES et les ordres provinciaux chargés de la réglementation des professions.  La première phrase de la transition vers ce nouveau système d’administration commencera le 1er juin 2018.

Le nouveau système comprendra une plateforme de traitement des paiements afin de vous permettre de payer vos frais relatifs au SEES. C’est par l’entremise de celui-ci que vous pourrez accéder aux formulaires du SEES, télécharger les documents pour effectuer vos activités d’évaluation du SEES ainsi qu’effectuer le suivi de vos résultats au fur et à mesure que vous progresserez dans le programme du SEES. 

Pour assurer un transition harmonieuse, le nouveau système sera exécuté en deux phases :

Traitement des paiements :

Phase 1 de la transition :  À compter du 1er juin, vous ne pourrez plus utiliser le portail du SEES pour payer vos frais relatifs au SEES.  À la place, vous recevrez un avis de paiement pour les payer avec PayPal (carte de crédit). 

Phase 2 de la transition :  Nous effectuerons ensuite la transition vers un système de traitement des paiements qui permettra de simplifier la manière dont vous payez vos frais relatifs au SEES par carte de crédit.

Documents du candidat et résultats d’évaluation :

À compter du 1er juin, vous ne pourrez plus utiliser le portail du SEES pour obtenir vos résultats d’évaluation et pour effectuer vos activités relatives au SEES.  Le personnel du SEES vous fournira les formulaires, les documents et les résultats nécessaires par courriel sécurisé. Pour envoyer des documents au personnel du SEES, vous recevrez un lien à utiliser pour télécharger vos fichiers en toute sécurité. Vous ne devez PAS envoyer par courriel vos documents au personnel du SEES. Les formulaires et les documents que vous devez remplir seront accessibles sur note site Web à une date ultérieure.  Nous vous suggérons de sauvegarder tous les résultats de l'évaluation qui se trouvent actuellement sur le portail du SEES avant le 1er juin 2018. Tous les profils du SEES seront désactivés après cette date.

Nouveaux candidats au programme du SEES

Si vous n’êtes pas encore inscrit au programme du SEES, veuillez demander un formulaire d’inscription en envoyant un courriel à

Nous vous enverrons un formulaire d’inscription, une facture pour le premier paiement des frais et les documents supplémentaires requis pour adhérer au programme du SEES.

Pour toute question, veuillez prendre contact avec nous par courriel ou par téléphone :

Courriel :

Téléphone :  416 681-1000 / 1 844 700-5800


Documents You Will Need

Education Credential Evaluation Report                                    (needed before you apply for ACA)

You will get this document from World Education Services Canada.

WES will need to see your degree and transcripts to produce the report.

Identification                         (needed when you apply and for the JKAT and CA)

Two pieces of government- issued ID, at least one of which must carry your photograph and signature.

Official document to verify change of name

Language Assessment Report    (if necessary)

You must ask the agency that did your language assessment to send your results directly to ACOTRO

Curriculum Description      (needed for Curriculum and Fieldwork Review)

You must ask your educational institutions(s) to send a copy of your curriculum description(s) directly to ACOTRO

Certified translations                      (if needed)

You must provide a certified word-for-word translation of any documents that are issued in a language other than French or English. The original-language documents must be sent to ACOTRO directly from the institution. You can send us the certified translation.